Monday, March 02, 2009

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

I SO needed this snow day. Even though my new job isn't all that difficult compared to where I came from, working 6 days a week takes a toll on your mental health.

Speaking of working taking a toll on mental health, someone (who shall remain nameless even though it probably isn't a secret) very close to me quit her job today. The last straw was flung over the camel today and she wrote out her letter, braved the snow to go to work (where she was apparently expected to be, even though everything in SJ was closed today), cleaned out her stuff and turned in her letter. She feels lighter, but PLEASE pray that she find a new job quickly. It's tough being unemployed in this economy (especially of your own doing). She would be great at doing anything, but I hope she find something she likes that will contribute to her family. I'd hate to see her quit and then be MORE stressed because of money worry.

I, too have been thinking about what else to do with my life. I have my mornings free, which would allow me to take classes or even teach classes at a community college should I want to (or if I can). I think I need something BESIDES work in my life.

Alright, off to bed. Gotta clean it off first since I did a TON of laundry and some of it is still on my bed. Gotta finish cleaning the bathroom in the morning before my short day of work.

-Song By Enough people to make me listen to Christmas music starting in October!

No comments: